300 women + men in tech. 12 awards. 1 Monumental Night.
By Shaherose Charania (Co-founder & CEO, Women 2.0)
I always say this and that’s because I honestly wake up and think it every single day: we are so lucky– more than lucky — enthusiastic, fulfilled and inspired — by the work we do every day. And now we’re even more jazzed.
In fact, we’re wowed. Dazzled. Blown away. And we want you there.
When we decided to recognize tech’s most influential stars at our first Awards night, “Innovation Unleashed,” we knew we’d have some amazing shapers and movers to applaud.
We never anticipated how strong the response to our Awards night would be – or the caliber of leaders who will join us to accept their awards.
The house will be packed with true celebrities from the world of tech – people who see the vision we’re all building together and have helped make the changes that move our industry forward.
Here’s the list of nominees + industry leaders chosen by our closed-door Women 2.0 Awards Committee (note: we will be releasing the names that were publicly nominated for our Founders to Watch category next week – and there’s A LOT. Stay tuned.):
- Aileen Lee (Cowboy Ventures)
- Alexia Tsotsis (TechCrunch)
- Andrea Zurek (XG Ventures)
- Ann Miura-Ko (Floodgate)
- Ann Winblad (Hummer-Winblad Venture Partners)
- Anne Wojcicki (23andMe)
- Arianna Huffington (Huffington Post)
- Dr. Beth Seidenberg (Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers)
- Caroline Fairchild (Fortune/ The Broadsheet)
- Carrie Dolan (Lending Club)
- Caterina Fake (Findery)
- Christina Brodbeck (Rivet Ventures)
- Christina Farr (Thomson Reuters)
- Cindy Padnos (Illuminate Ventures)
- Colleen Leahy (Fortune/Most Powerful Women)
- Cynthia Ringo (DBL Investors)
- Dave McClure (500 Startups)
- Diane Greene (VMware)
- Donna Dubinsky (Numenta, prev. Palm)
- Emily Melton (DFJ Venture)
- Esther Dyson (Investor & HICCup)
- Freada Kapor Klein (Kapor Center)
- Ginni Rometti (IBM)
- Grace Garey (Watsi)
- Heidi Roizen (DFJ Venture)
- Ina Fried (Re/code)
- Jenna Wortham (The New York Times)
- Jennifer Dulski (Change.org)
- Jessica Livingston (Y Combinator)
- Jessica Lessin (The Information)
- Jocelyn Goldfein (Investor, prev. Facebook)
- Kara Swisher (Re/code)
- Kate Mitchell (Scale Venture Partners)
- Lynda Weinman (lynda.com)
- Lizzie Dwoskin (The Wall Street Journal)
- Maha Ibrahim (Canaan)
- Marissa Mayer (Yahoo!)
- Mary Grove (Google for Entrepreneurs)
- Mary Meeker (Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers)
- Michal Lev-Ram (Fortune Magazine)
- Patricia Nakache (Trinity Ventures)
- Pattie Sellers (Fortune)
- Paul Graham (Y Combinator)
- Paula Long (DataGravity)
- Rebecca Lynn (Canvas Venture Fund)
- Robin Chase (Buzzcar, ZipCar)
- Selina Tobacoowala (SurveyMonkey)
- Sharon Wienbar (Scale Venture Partners)
- Sheila Lirio Marcelo (Care.com)
- Sheryl Sandberg (Facebook)
- Shira Ovide (The Wall Street Journal)
- Stacy-Marie Ishmael (Buzzfeed)
- Sonja Perkins (Menlo Ventures)
- Theresia Gouw (Aspect Ventures)
- Xeni Jardin (Boing Boing/ Virgin)
- Yoky Matsuoka (NEST/Google)
You don’t want to miss this – and neither do your co-workers, friends, or anyone who is looking to equalize and create impact in the world of tech – so spread the word and let them know.
We’re also happy to talk about corporate sponsorships for anyone wishing to join MasterCard, Lyft, KPMG, and Samsung in supporting this fantastic gathering. Just email email@example.com with the subject line “We Want to Sponsor the Women 2.0 Awards”.
There’s never been a night like this in the world of tech. We have so much to celebrate – especially with you there. Celebrate with us!
Thursday, February 12, 2015
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Hotel Kabuki, Japantown, San Francisco
Also, seats are going faster than we anticipated, so get your ticket now to make sure you’re apart of this night.
If you’ve written for us, attended a Women 2.0 conference, City Meetup or other Women 2.0 event, you know the Women 2.0 spirit – it will be there and if you haven’t attended one of our events, come get a taste of how strong the Women 2.0 community is on this unforgettable night.